Healthy Eating – Someone Please Help!
May 19, 2012 0 Comments
Healthy eating can be one of the most difficult things to maintain for someone who is trying to lose weight. Many people can force themselves to do workouts like P90X and Insanity because someone is telling them exactly what to do. However when it comes to eating you don’t have someone in your kitchen telling you to eat this and eat that. Most programs come with nutrition guides, but most of the time those just give you healthy meals to prepare and try and cover a broad range for all types of people. Healthy eating can come natural if you work on it over time. It is like anything we do once we do it enough over time we forget about all the garbage and make healthy eating a habit. Well if your like me I had no idea what to do when it came to eating and the nutrition guide just didn’t do it for me. So I am going to give you some basic guidelines that I have learned when it comes to healthy eating that I hope will help simplify nutrition for you like it did me.
Healthy Eating 101
So many people know the very basics when it comes to healthy eating, chips, pizza, McDonald’s = BAD!! and fruit, vegetables, grain, lean meat, etc. = GOOD!! but do you actually know why this is the way it is?
1. The less ingredients the better – If it has more than a few ingredients in it than it probably isn’t very good for you. Next time your in the grocery store look at the back of a bag of Doritos and see how many ingredients there are. I’m pretty sure there is around 42. That is ridiculous and exactly why they are bad for you. Try to stick to things like broccoli, apples, legumes, unprocessed meat. All of those have one ingredient and definitely support healthy eating.
2. If you don’t know what it is your body doesn’t either – This one is pretty simple to follow and corresponds pretty much with what I mentioned above. When you looking at the ingredients on the item if you don’t know what it is then your body won’t either. Things like preservatives and fillers that make items last longer makes the digestion process for your body more difficult. If its not naturally supportive of your body then it won’t support a healthy eating lifestyle.
3. Portion size matters – This may be hard for some people at first, but how much you eat and how many times a day you eat is important. It is not good for your body to be taking in a days worth of food at one time. If your extremely stuffed when your done eating then common sense tells you that you have eaten too much. Your body can not process all that food at once and this is why weight gain becomes inevitable. Obviously metabolism is a factor too and for some they may never know the difference, but for true healthy eating you need to feed your body smaller portions over more meals a day.
More things to avoid for Healthy Eating
Like I mentioned above most people know what is healthy for them and what isn’t, but a lot of people still want to ask is it fine if I eat this or if I eat that. Here are some specific things that you should avoid if you want to practice healthy eating and start getting the results you want.
1. FAST FOOD!!! – I don’t think I can put that in big enough font for me to show how important this one is. If you want to practice healthy eating this is the first thing you can cross of your bad habits list. Fast food restaurants with fries, burgers, etc have so much processed food! All of the processed food you eat from these places your body has no idea what to do with. Therefore your bodies emergency response is to store it as fat. If you are serious about healthy eating then this needs to be number one thing to work on for your healthy eating priority list.
2. Anything with high amounts of sugar – sugar in particularly has a variety of negative effects on your body when it comes to healthy eating. If you eat Items such as soda and candy have high amounts of sugar. Items such as these can do things like temporarily suppress your immune system making you possibly more susceptible to disease. They can mess with your blood sugar as well as your insulin levels that could lead to diabetes, and lastly they can actually fast-forward the aging process. The big one that you might be familiar with is High Fructose Corn Syrup. This artificial sweetener is in a wide range of foods and should be avoided if possible.
3. Anything with high amounts of sodium – this one is pretty quick and simple. Sodium levels directly relates to your cholesterol. The more sodium the higher cholesterol. Simple enough. If you want start your healthy eating right then try to find items that say low sodium on the label.
I just don’t think I am ready for a healthy eating lifestyle
If you think your not ready for a healthy eating lifestyle there are a few things that can definitely get you going. If your afraid you are just going to have awful cravings and aren’t going to be able to resist the urge then maybe you need to cleanse your body before starting. The Beachbody Ultimate Reset is a great resource and is a 21 day cleanse that will detox your body and give you a fresh beginning. Also if you want something that can give you all the nutrition you need for the day in one great tasting package then check out Shakeology. It is an all in one meal replacement shake that will jump start your body to get your new healthy eating lifestyle in high gear!
I hope you found these healthy eating tips helpful and if you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to leave a comment below
FREE Fitness Video Training Series!
Simply enter your information into the form below:
Yours in Success,
Work with me -Leaders Only!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post or found it useful click the like button below
P.P.S. If you are ready to finally be successful with your workouts than be sure to grab my FREE "Busted to Beast It" eBook above!