Insanity Fit Test – Setting Your Foundation
The Insanity Fit Test is the foundation for your Insanity workout program and will give you a good inclination of where you are starting from. The Insanity Fit Test is very important because without it you would have no idea how you are progressing from week to week. That being said it is also essentially that this test is done with the utmost integrity and intensity. Since most of these exercises are cardio repetition moves and not strength moves it is important that you give it your all whenever doing the Insanity Fit Test. I want to take the time to go over each of the moves within the Insanity Fit Test and give you some tips on how you can get the most out of setting your foundation for the rest of the Insanity program.
Insanity Fit Test Moves
So the Insanity Fit Test moves are broken up into 8 separate moves. All of these moves last for exactly one minute and you need to do as many as you can (WITH CORRECT FORM) in this time span. Before you begin you are going to want to make sure that you have properly warmed up and stretched out. This is very important because no one wants to injure themselves. I would recommend jogging in place for a minute, doing some jumping jacks for a minute, and then maybe doing some squats for about a minute. Repeat this at least once and you should probably be warm enough. Stretching you should definitely focus on the hamstring and glutes. Now let’s jump right into the insanity fit test! Before you start be sure to get your Insanity Fit Test Worksheets here as well!
1. Switch Kicks
- For these you are essentially going to kick one leg out in front of you and lean back and then switch and kick the other leg out as fast as you can. Keep your core tight with two kicks equaling 1 rep.
2. Power Jacks
- Start with your hands above your head, jump into a squat bringing your hands down like a jumping jack. Keep your butt back, knees over the ankles, and core tight.
3. Power Knees
- Hands together above your head, put your foot behind you, and bring your knee and hands together in front of your. Keep your core tight
4. Power Jumps
-Start in a squat position with your knees over your ankles and your butt down. Jump from down in the squat as high as you can and hit your hands to your knee. Good form is key!
5. Globe Jumps
-They should call these square jumps, but none the less you start in a squat position as mentioned above except your fingertips are hanging down to the floor. Jump to the right extending your hands over your head and then back down into a squat. Jump back same form, jump left same form, and jump forward same form. One square equals one rep. Be careful with your lower back!
6. Suicide Jumps
- These are what I have always termed burpees, but essentially you start squatted down with your hands on the floor, jump back into a plank (like the start of a push up), jump your feet back into a squat and stand up with your hands above your head. That is one rep. Be sure yo keep your core tight throughout this exercise.
7. Push up Jacks
- These are basically what the name describe. When you do a push up as you go down you open your legs up and move either to the right or the left when you come back up.
8. Low Plank Oblique
- The last insanity fit test move you start in a low plank with your elbows on the ground instead of in push up form. Then while in the plank bring your knee to your shoulders crunching your obliques. Alternate each side being sure to keep your core tight.
Insanity Fit Test Completed – Now What?
Now that you have finished your Insanity Fit Test you need to get in the mindset to take on this brutal program. I would love to share all of my mindset secrets with you as well as be your personal fitness coach! All you have to do is sign up for a FREE Beachbody account. This will give you access to many fitness tools, nutrition guides, as well as a whole fitness community going through exactly what you are. If you have any more questions be sure to leave them in the comment box below. Hope this information on the insanity fit test helps you I know I wish I had this information before I started!
Yours in Success,
Work with me -Leaders Only!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post or found it useful click the like button below
P.P.S. If you are ready to finally be successful with your workouts than be sure to grab my FREE "Busted to Beast It" eBook above!