My P90X Experience-Does it Really Work?
May 4, 2012 7 Comments
P90X has been seen far and wide now since its beginning in 2004. I know pretty much everyone has heard of P90X and has probably seen the cheesy infomercials on TV with Tony Horton and all the supposed success stories, and then at some point you ask yourself does that really work? I know I asked myself the same question when I first saw the program. Because I know so many of you have this exact same question I want to use this post and give you a no BS honest P90X review. Be sure to read through what I did and didn’t do for P90X and then you can check out my results at the bottom of this post!.
What I did and didn’t do during P90X
This would not be a very good P90X review if I didn’t go ahead and tell you what I did and I didn’t do. This certainly is not gonna cover everything concerning P90X, but it will have the major aspects that I found to be relevant to the program
What I did do:
- Signed up for a free Beachbody account- signing up for a beachbody account gave me number of things. First it allowed me to hold myself accountable by logging in my workouts, second it gave me lots of awesome advice concerning workouts, nutrition, etc. Lastly it provided me with extra motivation and support that I needed by being able to interact with other people doing the program.
- Took the fitness test- I am so happy I decided to take the fitness test before I began P90X. Taking it gave me the information for the foundation I needed to be able to see how far I came from the beginning of program to the end.
- Filled out my P90X worksheets- filling out these worksheets for each of the individual workouts allowed me to track my progress on a week to week basis for each exercise. I really enjoyed doing this and being able to watch my improvements as the weeks progressed.
- Used all of the recommended P90X equipment- I did use all of the P90X equipment including the pull up bar that hangs in the door, adjustable dumbbells, resistance bands, push up bars, and a yoga mat. All of these things were definitely critical to my results with P90X.
What I didn’t do:
- Follow the P90X nutrition plan-I didn’t decide to follow the P90X nutrition plan because personally for me I didn’t have the time to prepare all of the meals that they recommend and if your a normal person then you aren’t going to have most of the ingredients that you need to get in order to follow it. With that said I did however completely change my eating habits. I stopped eating fast food all together and I drank only water and my recovery drink for my hydration. I cut down dramatically on my portion sizes and ate smaller meals. I made sure I was eating some kind of protein whether it was milk, yogurt, or my meats for my dinner. I also made sure I ate as much fruit as vegetables as I could work into my meals. Overall, I simply cut out the crap and ate the foods that I knew were good for me.
- Take the P90X Recovery and Results drink- Instead of taking the P90X Recovery and Results drink I opted out for a GNC Whey Protein Extreme 60 recovery drink (which I can write a post on later if enough people are interested). This protein recovery shake worked really well and helped me recover a lot faster than I would have without it. It was really delicious as well at least in the vanilla flavor.
- Use Kenpo X- From prior experience with P90X I had done Kenpo X before I started the program. Personally for me it just didn’t give me the cardio burn that I wanted like Plyometrics gave me. Instead on Saturdays I mainly used that day to either run or I spent it practicing ball hockey with my friends. I feel like this really did not impede my progress at all, however I will say if your more of a beginner when it comes to fitness I would not recommend skipping this workout. It will definitely make you sweat and it is honestly probably one of the most fun workouts that P90X offers.
My P90X Results
Summarizing my P90X Experience
I’ll be completely honest with you the first two or three weeks were pretty rough for me. I have always been a pretty active person through out my life, but when they say extreme home fitness they mean it! I came into the P90X without having really any serious exercise routine prior to starting, so it was a bit of a system shock when I first jumped into it. After my body finally adjusted to the workouts I really started enjoying watching my progress through the weeks. The one thing I will say is that after the first month the workouts do start to get repetitive. The repetitiveness made me really dig deep though and finish strong making my P90X experience a very gratifying journey. If you are really looking for a gratifying experience, one that can not only definitely change the way you look but the way you feel, than I would highly recommend trying out P90X. If your not quite sure where to start then the first thing I would say to do would be to sign up for a free Beachbody account. Once you do this I can guide you from there! Hope you enjoyed reading this post there will be many more to follow on a number of topics. Hope you will decide to commit2bfit with me and get your own journey started.
FREE Fitness Video Training Series!
Simply enter your information into the form below:
Yours in Success,
Work with me -Leaders Only!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post or found it useful click the like button below
P.P.S. If you are ready to finally be successful with your workouts than be sure to grab my FREE "Busted to Beast It" eBook above!